Food Services

Chilfooddren need healthy meals to learn. Kennett Middle School offers healthy meals every school day. Some students may qualify for free or reduced price meals.


KHS/KMS Lunch Menu

EZ School Pay FAQ

EZ Meal App FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions about Special Meals Prescription Form

Special Meals Prescription Form

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement


About the Lunch Swipe Card System

All students at KHS and KMS will use their student ID as a debit card to pay for lunch. Each time a student purchases a lunch, they swipe their student ID and one lunch is deducted from their account. Students can still pay cash for lunches at the time of purchase, however we encourage everyone to put money on their account and utilize the swipe card.

· Loading a student's account: Parents can send in money to be placed on their child’s account. Checks are preferred, making them out to the Conway School Lunch Program. If you send in money, please clearly identify the students name so it can be added to the correct account. All checks and money can be dropped off at the main offices or brought directly to the school cafeteria before the start of school each day.

· Lost Cards: If a student loses their ID card, they should come to the reception office to be issued a replacement card.

· Free and Reduced Lunch: Those who have been approved for reduced lunch need to place money on their child’s account. When a lunch is purchased, the student will swipe their ID and the system should already have the account formed in the appropriate manner. All accounts are confidential. We encourage everyone who feels they might qualify for free and reduced lunch, to fill out and return the attached application if you have not already done so this school year. If your family circumstances change, please be aware that you can apply at any time during the school year for free or reduced lunch.

If you have any further questions you can call KMS at 447-6364.


About the Free or Reduced Rate School Meals Program

Students may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price is $.30 for breakfast and $.40 for lunch. Questions parents often ask about the program include:

1. Do I need to fill out an application for each child? 
No. Complete the application to apply for free or reduced price meals. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to Kennett Middle School, 176 Main Street, Conway, NH, 03818 (447-6364).

2. Who can get free meals? 
Children in households receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits (formerly the Food Stamp Program), or getting TANF, and most foster children can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, your children can get free meals if your household income is within the free limits on the Federal Income Guidelines.

3. Can homeless, runaway and migrant children get free meals? 
Please call Kennett High School to see if your child(ren) qualify, if you have not been informed that they will get free meals.

4. Who can get reduced price meals? 
Your children can get low cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Income Chart, shown on this application.

5. Should I fill out an application if I got a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free or reduced price meals? 
Please read the letter you got carefully and follow the instructions. Call the school at 447-6364 if you have questions.

6. I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals? 
Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please fill out an application.

7. Will the information I give be checked? 
Yes, we may ask you to send written proof.

8. If I don't qualify now, may I apply later? 
Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start receiving SNAP or getting TANF or other benefits. If you lose your job, your children may be able to get free or reduced price meals.

9. What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application? 
You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to Mr. Kevin Richard, Superintendent of Schools, SAU #9, 176A Main Street, Conway, NH, 03818 (447-8368).

10. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen? 
Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced price meals.

11. Who should I include as members of my household? 
You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends). You must include yourself and all children who live with you.

12. What if my income is not always the same? 
List the amount that you normally get. For example, if you normally get $1,000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1,000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but not if you get it only sometimes.

13. We are in the military, do we include our housing allowance as income? 
If your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. All other allowances must be included in your gross income.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.