- Philly 2013
Welcome to the 2012/2013 school year. I’m looking forward to having a safe, healthy and fun year with the students. Below are a few items to keep in mind during the year. Please see links below for additional information.
- An Annual Health Information Update form MUST be completed yearly. Please inform the Nurse’s Office of any medical changes throughout the year.
- The State of New Hampshire requires that all students be immunized in order to attend public schools. Please be sure to send any immunization updates to the Nurse’s Office to be documented.
- It is recommended that a physical be performed yearly. It is mandatory to have a physical every two years and for children to be up to date with immunizations in order to participate in athletics. A copy of the physical must be given to Kennett Middle School prior to participation. Your child will be unable to participate until the physical is received.
- If your child requires prescription medications during the school day contact the Nurse’s Office to discuss your child’s needs. A Permission for Prescription Medication Form must be completed by both the parent/guardian and the prescribing medical professional. All medication must be in original containers with the prescription label intact. Prescription medication must be delivered to school by an adult.
- If your child requires an Epipen or asthma inhaler contact the Nurse’s Office. A permission form is required. Epipens and inhalers should be carried with the student at all times. Students should be educated in the proper self-administration of these medications by their physician. It is REQUIRED to have a student’s prescribed Epipen in the Nurse’s Office if your child will not be carrying it.
- If your child is uninsured you may wish to contact New Hampshire Children’s Health Insurance Program (C.H.I.P.)(www.dhhs.nh.gov). The toll free telephone number is 877-464-2447.
It’s amazing to watch the changes that occur during the Middle School years in our children. As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Your child’s health is important to us at KMS!
Paula Jeffrey, RN
603.447.6364 ext. 14
Helpful Forms and Links:
TopicsAlert animals books Bus Career Day college community service drug free Edline friends fun fundraising Garden gifts guidance Hazards High school orientation Immunizations intervention kindness Library Lost & Found math open house Raffle raffle trip Red Ribbon robots Safety sale schedules School budget Science fair smart Sports spring Story Land summer Team Building Technology testing transition trip walk winter